Thanks for visiting! I am Steve LaFrance (if you hadn’t gathered that part yet) and this has been my website.
This digital portfolio is not all inclusive and there are projects that aren’t here for a variety of reasons. If you would like to see more of the work that I have done or have any questions please feel free to email me.
User Experience Design, Art Direction, Branding, Client Engagement, Content Development, Digital Design, Illustration, Logo Creation, Presentation Design, Print Design, Project Management, Social Media Management, Time Management
Daimler Trucks North America User Experience Designer 2022-Today
• UX designer and subject matter expert for complex CHEC Application.
• Gather insights to update and optimize application by meeting with users and product owners.
• Collect data and converted it to readable diagrams and flows.
• Information architect, design systems, design diagrams, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes in Figma
• Create and manage alignment documentation to be shared with the development team for use during the sprint cadence.
• Support, direct, and troubleshoot with engineering teams.
LaFrance Graphic Design Lead Graphic Designer 2008-Today
• Art direct illustration team
• Coordinate schedules and deliverables with project managers.
• Create brand content for print and digital applications.
• Develop unique graphics for use in emails, social media, and websites.
• Build presentations, update content and create branded infographics.
• Strive for client satisfaction, ensure all deliverable have been met.
• Smash deadlines, smash smash.
Tektronix Graphic Designer 2012-2018
• Craft user experiences by understanding use cases and workflows.
• Rebrand legacy print and digital content.
• Communicate with technical teams to ensure strategy alignment.
• Build digital assets for integration into PC and web applications.
• Deliver illustrations that translate highly complex concepts.
• Preflight print files, prevent any production delays.
• Design brand guidelines, update style guides based on feedback.
Thinking Sideways Podcast Content/Ad Creator 2013-2018
• Manage multiple Social Media accounts
• Develop and post relevant branded content.
• Review advertiser copy, write up to four 30-120 second commercial spots.
• Manage WordPress website, upload new media weekly.
• Research weekly topics, validate resource authenticity and accuracy.
• Write scripting for 45-90 minute long episodes for three hosts.
• Postproduction audio editing and ad insertion
Adobe Experience Design
Microsoft Office Suite
The Art Institute of Portland
Bachelor of Science, Graphic Design 2008